Friday, January 10, 2014

2nd Design team share with Kaitlynne

Hello again!

 
Kaitlynne here again to share with you another 8.5x11 layout. I'm still trying to catch up on last years 52 weeks album so I've scrapped a lot in this size recently.
 
How do I create a Layout???
Here is a quick outline of how I stick it all down.
 
As a starting point for a layout I pick the 2 main colours in the photo I want to use and go from there. I then choose the papers I want to use and then set out all my D-Lish embellies that coordinate to choose from.
This layout was Orange and Teal.
 
 
As you can see I use other shades of these colours but I find it a great starting point, and if in doubt I usually add black or white to balance it out.
 
 
Background.
I start here and decide the basic layout design. This can be the lengthy part of a layout so sometimes I just stick it down and move on.
For this layout, I wasn't happy with one colour so to tone it down in a few spots I covered it washi tape in a lighter colour.
 
Embellishments.
Once the basic lay-out is decided I choose my embellishments to form my clusters.
For the chipboard word I painted it with thick Revlon Nail polish and then dipped in fine glitter dust and sealed it with 3D gloss.
 
Journaling.
I almost always put my journaling on last. Its not that its an after thought but I like to be free to write what I like without being restricted if I only leave a small space.
For this page I wrote directly onto a wood veneer tag that I covered in Washi tape. I also added some clear Motex tape over thin Washi so it stood out.
 
Not much to it when you piece it together in 3 steps.
To complete this page I have used the following D-Lish goodies:
 
So that's how I piece together a layout, super easy with D-Lish goodies! Thanks for stopping by and I shall see you all next month.
Happy creating.
Kait x.
 
 
 
 

1 comment: