Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Focussing on Freckled Fawn

Morning!

One of the hottest scrapping products on the market are wood veneers/chips. My personal favourites are the ones released by Freckled Fawn and luckily for me (LOL), Amanda stocks quite a variety of Freckled Fawn Wood Chips in store.
I luvs you mum

I love the versatility of wood chips/veneers. You can leave them raw, ink them, paint them, stamp on them, spritz them with ink, add glossy accents to them, heat emboss them; pretty much anything you can think of can be done to them! I created the above layout for a challenge that required the showcasing of one of three 'on trend' scrapbooking embellishments and as you can tell LOL, I went with wood chips.


I stamped and coloured in with a black marker the Freckled Fawn Birds; I inked the Speech Bubbles with distress ink; I painted the Frame (Remember) with white acrylic paint and then sanded the edges to distress it; I used the Stars & Such as part of my background so they got white washed with the rest of my mixed media background; and finally, I left the Arrows raw. Other than the alphas for my title, my mixed media background, and black Motex Tape, I've used no other embellishments, its all just Freckled Fawn Wood Chips. Cool huh?!

A quick reminder though that D-lish Scraps doesn't just stock Freckled Fawn's Wood Chips! In store you'll also find Freckled Fawn Dew DropsFiligree Rhinestone StickersPaper ClipsResin Shapes and Wood Veneer Tags.

I'm off to play with some Freckled Fawn goodies. I hope you have a fabulous day and I look forward to chatting with you tomorrow. Oh and if you've done something different or fabulous with wood chips/veneers, please leave a comment letting me know as I'm always on the lookout for new techniques to add to my arsenal!!!

Cheers .. Alz   :)

2 comments:

  1. I love freckled fawn and they look amazing on your layout. I love the texture as well with the plaster's tape and paint.

    ReplyDelete