Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Totally Awesome by Agnus...

Hi again, I'm back for the very last time with my final design team share :(
 I have really loved being part of this fabulous team and am so sad that it's coming to an end but before I get all soppy on you, we'd better move onto my layout.

I have to admit that I'm not really a great photographer but sometimes I manage to capture a photo that I am very excited to scrap. When I have these type of photos I always try to let the picture tell the story and usually avoid adding too many things to the page. Ive found that the key to keeping it simple is choosing colours that are not going to distract from the photo, but you also want the page to pop which is where an unexpected bit of colour (like the yellow below) makes a big difference. 


I have been very keen to use the D-lish coloured tulle for quite some time and decided to layer several complementary shades to form a soft base for my photo. I love the floating effect the layers created and added a few die-cut elements between the layers for some extra depth. 


I normally keep my wood veneers raw but the colour wasn't really going to suit this page so I used silver embossing powder to dress up the veneers and while I was at it I also heat embossed a couple of enamel dots to match - it was a little bit fiddly but well worth it to have perfectly matching dots :)


Products from the D-lish store...

Thanks for stopping by xx


3 comments:

  1. Another beautiful page Agnus!! It will be sad not seeing your gorgeous pages...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous page Agnus and I love what you've done with the tulle!!

    ReplyDelete