Wednesday, April 26, 2017

'Forever Friends' by Amanda Lawrence

Hello!

It's been a little while between shares for me so I'm excited to be showing off a creation I made yesterday afternoon. I was inspired by Gwen's 'Wreath style' cybercrop challenge from the other weekend so I decided to have a go myself.

Here is what I came up with:


Of course the cameo came out for this one. The lovely floral wreath cut out was the basis for my design and I went from there. I loved the green tones from the photo so decided to go mostly with that. As a little contrast, I dug through my scraps and found some dark grey which I used to back my cut file, mat my photo and add some scallops in the top and bottom corners to help draw the eye across the page.
The title was also a cut with my cameo and the lowercase puffy alphas ... well they are coming soon so be sure to keep an eye out ;) 


With such a large focal title I only added two clusters of embellishments on this page. The larger up the top is made of a selection of paper flowers, a resin flower, a polka dot date tab and some vellum butterflies from the March JAP kit


The smaller cluster was made up of a repetition of the elements from the other one to help balance out the layout. 

There are 3 other great challenges to play along with too so I am hoping to find some more creative time before they end. All our cybercrop challenges are open for an entire month (mid month to mid month) so there is plenty of time to play along. 

Here are the current challenges:


You can find all the details you need to enter in The Scrap Suite on Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by, I promise I won't let it go so long between shares next time.

Amanda x



No comments:

Post a Comment