Friday, April 28, 2017

happy days - by Nicolee Cable

Hi all

Nicolee here!
Today I'd like to show you this layout, a photo of hubby and I
on a day out adventuring in this beautiful city of Brisbane.

First, I created the background by spraying 
some green, blue and turquoise mists on to plastic
and then 'smooshing' it (very technical term!) 
onto the card stock.  Once dry I splattered some more 
ink around and then inked some black colour
through a circle stencil.  Then I doodled around
the circles for some definition.


I then ripped up some old hessian from a previous
JAP (Just Add Paper) kit and glued it and some random 
stamens in place.  To make sure they stayed, I stapled in the middle 
which caught most of the stray hessian and stamen strands. I also 
stamped some random script around for added visual texture.
This created a foundation for my photo and embellishments.


I then proceeded to stick down the chosen embellishments in a 
vertical direction.
The cute vellum butterfly is from a previous JAP kit
as well - it just goes to show that they are great value for money.
I find that I'm always adding some sort of enamel dots as they
just finish off a page just perfectly.  The stamens are also cute
to use, just randomly popping them here and there.


The Creative Cut script words are very cute and I've 
stuck chipboard letters on top to create my title.
and so easy to use, I just cut my photo to size.



...so adding the resin heart, lily, enamel frame and enamel dot...


...and cute word flair button - the layout is done!


Here is a list of all the D-lish product used:

vellum butterfly (from a previous kit)


I hope you enjoyed this layout as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Pop on over to the D-lish store and see what new products are available!

Happy Scrapping
take care and we'll chat soon.

Nic xx



No comments:

Post a Comment