Sunday, April 30, 2017

'Love you' by Tamara Buckler


Hello, and happy Sunday to you all.

I'm back again today to share another layout with you, this time featuring my eldest daughter. You know you've got good friends when they have your kids for the day, take them for an impromptu photo shoot, and then send you the results. A scrapbookers dream! 

This page was inspired by a colour scheme I came across on Pinterest, the mixture of peach and light blue is not one I would normally think of, but I think it works really well together. I raided my D-lish stash and pulled out all the embellishments I had in these colours, and then found some old project life cards that worked as well.




I started the background by covering the cardstock roughly in Gesso, and then used some pale blue watercolour paint, as well as some Georgia Peach and Coral Colour Shine, to create a really soft and dreamy base to my page. I wanted to tie in the black in my daughters shirt, so got messy with a charcoal Gelato, and some random black stamping. I think it is the combination of these two elements that make the impact on this page.


This is of course complimented by all the D-lish goodies I was able to embellish the page with. How perfect is that black tutu bloom as the feature element of that cluster!? And then partnered with some beautiful mini roses and that gorgeous peach resin diamond, which again brings in that contrast of  sweetness against the bold.


To the top left of my photo I added a peach bow clip from the 'Elegant' bow clip pack (these are so easy to work with!) and some more roses, as well as some enamel dots.


I also used some Journal spots from previous kits, like these ones from the Peaches and Cream Journal Spots, to add extra layers to my photos and clusters. I used a 'Mini Date' Journal Spot to note the date and location of the photo, another mini rose, and a flair button from the Peaches and cream kit.

Thanks once again for stopping by.  Why don't you leave a comment below and tell me about a colour combination you've used lately. Whatever it was, I bet there was a D-lish embellie that worked for it!

Big Loves,
Tam x


2 comments: