Thursday, April 27, 2017

"Love Yourself" by Julianne McKenna

Hello! Hello! Hello! 
Julianne here today, sharing a layout I created for my youngest daughter, Keana. She is currently going through a rough time of not believing in herself, and believing she is not strong enough, capable enough, and loveable enough. So I created this layout with a few words of wisdom to remind her that she is ENOUGH. 


I started with the quote from Lucille ball - I knew I wanted to include that, so I worked my design around that. I knew I would have to have an area for journalling, so I made sure I had a border, as it would double as my journaling space. 


I have included a few close-ups so that you can see the layers and depth. I love how my clusters and layers of flowers came together - the fussy cussing of the leaves and stems has added a lovely soft effect. When i fussy cut flowers, I always try to mix the fussy cut flowers and leaves with the real flowers - it helps the page to blend and come together. 


Here is a close-up of the quote that I have used.


I have used brown shipping tags as my base for my title and arrow. Without the tags, the title and arrow just faded into the background. The tags help to focus on the title. My title was created with chipboard, paint and kindy glitz. 


Did I mention that I have fallen in love with sequins (again)! I love, love, love the mixed bags of coloured sequins - they give a lovely whimsical finish to the layout. I have simply glued them to the page, then added kindy glitz to their centres. 


What can I say about these wild roses? I am completely in love with them - they are just so lively feminine and romantic. Yes, you can expect to see a lot of the on my future projects. I am so happy that they come in so many different colours - this gives me an excuse to play with them all. 


And finally, the paper doilies and mini roses. Doilies make a great addition to any layering work as they can be used whole, or cut into smaller pieces. The whole doily can be shown, or small pieces can  peek out from between layers. 

Thank-you for stooping by and joining me today. It has been a pleasure to have this opportunity to share my project with you. If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: 

Don't forget you can also find D-Lish on Facebook and Pinterest. Make sure you follow on both for all the latest products, events and happenings. 

Happy scrapping everyone! 

Jules xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment