Saturday, April 15, 2017

"Silly Sisters" by Tamara Buckler

Hello all!!!

I'm so excited to be here to share my first layout for the D-lish Scraps design team! I have long been a lover of all the pretty embellies available in the D-Lish Shop and I'm so pleased I now to get to share my creations with you all.

I am a Mumma of two very happy, but very different, girls - so I am always pleased when I manage to get a good snapshot of them together. This layout features one such shot, which I converted to Black and White so that I could play with some Mixed Media to add colour in the background.



To add texture to the background, I used the stencil from the March 'pretty in pink' kit with some texture paste to add some grey dots to the background. I also used a diamond stencil from my stash.



I then used the 'packaging technique' to spread some watered down Dylusions paint, as well as some Colour Blast Shimmer paste, onto the background. I followed this with some random stamping with Black Staz-on ink, and some Hexagons cut from a Kaisercraft paper to draw the eye down the page.


I clustered all the pretty D-lish goodies to the right of the photo, focussing on the beautiful yellow Sequin Bow, as well as some Mini Roses in yellow, orange and white. I also added Enamel Dots, Resin Hearts for dimension, and a Journal-it Spot for a small amount of journaling. The 'sweet' love heart is from the Crate Paper Cute Girl range, and the banner from Cocoa Vanilla.



I hope you've enjoyed checking out my layout, and learning a little about my process and the pretty things you can buy from D-lish. I look forward to sharing with you again later this month.

Big Loves,
Tam x



1 comment: