Friday, May 26, 2017

PINK by Julianne McKenna

Hello fellow crafters! Julianne here with you today, sharing a layout about my youngest daughter Keana, and her aversion to the colour pink. It must run in the family because I hated pink as a child, too. Does anyone else have children who refuse to wear a certain colour? It's a fun topic to document and look back on, once they are adults. Maybe their tastes in colour will change over time?


Keana has never really been a girly girl. She is much more of a tom-boy. She will choose shorts and a shirt over a dress any dayway. And as for the colour pink - forget it! There was no way she was going to let me have my dream of dressing her up in pretty pink, frilly dresses. Just nope! But now that she is modelling, she doesn't get a say in the colours she has to wear. So catching her in a pink outfit was a bonus for me. 


I have used lots of pieces from the past "Pretty In Pink" Just Add Paper kit. I have layered a journal spot and journal strip together, and added a flair button as a focus point. I have finished off with a few pink rhinestones, just to add a little bling. 


I have used the journalling tags from the "Pretty In Pink" JAP kit, and recorded the story of Keana's aversion to pink. Maybe one day she will look back on this and have a giggle. But at least I now know that pink really does suit her - she can't argue against that point anymore. 


I have also used the pink dotted washi tape from the "Pretty In Pink" JAP kit. I have added a layer at the top and bottom of the page for balance, then layered some phrase stickers over top. 

 
I have used the mini roses as focus points on my die cuts, and they also create a visual triangle. 


And of course, I have used lots of flowers on my layout - I can never help myself. The wild roses are my absolute favourite flower, and I've finished of with a couple of star flowers, too. I just love how the colours all match perfectly - makes creating a layout so much easier. 

Thank-you for joining me today. I hope you have enjoyed my layout. If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: JULES THE BLING PRINCESS

Don't forget to join D-Lish on Facebook for all the latest and up-to-date happenings at D-Lish. And you still have time to join us for the May Inspiration Challenge and the May Cybercrop challenges - but get hopping, the end of the month is just around the corner. 

Cheers and happy crafting, 

Julianne. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment