Thursday, May 4, 2017

"So Proud" by Anthea English

Hi all.  It's me again.  How are you all doing?  Hopefully you are all well!?
 
Today on the blog I am sharing another 'boy' LO (even though my boy is really not a boy anymore).  I love this photo of him at his school formal.  We were pretty proud of him and being that getting a photo of us together is a rarity - I decided that I should go ahead and scrap it.
 
I know of the old rule, "Blue and green should never be seen" ... but I think rules were made to be broken.  I personally think these colours work together beautifully to make for a bright, fresh and fun LO. 
 
 
Obviously I used the photo as a base for the colours on my LO.  I didn't stress that a lot of my embellishments could be considered feminine - I just chose colours that worked.  I think the stripes, the stars and the overall colour make it more than  appropriate for a young man. 
 
I have a tendency to get a little stressed about colours matching perfectly, but in this case I just went with whatever shade of blue or green I had on hand and I am pretty happy with how it has come together. (I need to learn to stress less.)
 
My main cluster is made up of  a sequin bow and a bitty bow clip (with the clip removed).  I also used some resin hearts, star sequins and a journal strip from the retro revival kit from last month.  I added in a flair and I used some puffy alphabet stickers for my title.  I am sure you can see that gorgeous turquoise punchinella peaking out from under my photo and that little knot is made from a piece of hessian from a past JAP kit.
 
I hope you can also see clearly the translucent sequins and the number smash stencil that I used, both from the D-lish store. 
 
 
My smaller cluster is really much of the same although you can see that I have added a suede tassel.
 
 
I also added a few more hearts, stars, sequins and some punchinella to the top of the LO to balance it all out. 
 
 
All in all, I am pretty happy with how the LO turned out. 
 
Before I go - I want to thank my hubby for choosing that shirt that night! If he had have worn red or orange - this photo would have been near impossible to scrap in colour.  ;)
 
Once again, I hope that you like my LO.  I also hope that you can also see, you don't necessarily need 'boy' embellishments to scrap a 'boy' photo.  Personally I think the bows are what make this LO and even though one is blingy and gorgeous - it seems to fit right in with the two main men in my life. 
 
Till next time.
Take care.
Anthea
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment