Tuesday, June 13, 2017

'love' - by Nicolee Cable


Hi there.

I'd like to show you my latest layout that I've
called a 'deconstructed' layout.
I've deconstructed a lot of my embellishments to make them
look a little different - I can't help it, it's just what I do :).


and altered some of the pieces...




...like this...
I've deconstructed the flower and cut the bow in half.
The felt doilie heart can be found in store here.


I sewed on the background, then drizzled some water colour paints,
 added some stamping, some washi tape and then doodled in random sections 
to add some visual texture.


I've cut out some of the kit bits from the journal pack and 
placed them strategically behind the letters and then 
 sewn around L.O.V.E on the tag.  I then  
attached a washi tape 'string' and the centre of the deconstructed flower...

 

...with the punched out L.O.V.E letters, I've stamped them and 
then placed them on the hydrangea petals.

...I placed each half of the cut bow on 
either side of the flower cluster with the flair and resin flower... 


...the top section of the heart has been flipped 
on its side and slid under the photo (you'll find the other half
on top of the tag), along with the journal spot...


...and then I traced around the butterfly
stencil to place a cute little butterfly into the top corner...


...the deconstructed flower was stuck up the top
with a chopped up kit bit journal saying on top.


I hope you enjoyed this 'deconstructed' layout. It's a
lot of fun trying to use embellishments in different ways.

I hope you've been inspired to try something new and 
 if you pop on over to the store, you might just find
your very own JAP kit to create something wonderful for yourself.

Have a wonderful Tuesday,
I'll see you over at The Scrap Suite soon.

Love Nic x






1 comment:

  1. Love the way you explained how you used every piece, very creative.

    ReplyDelete