Saturday, June 24, 2017

"Seriously Gorgeous" by Gwen Wruck


Hi Creative friends,

Gwen here back on the blog today to share another sweet page of Miss C.  I am totally crushing on this photo, so serious!!  We were doing a bit of a photo shoot as she had just gotten new glasses so I took a stack of photos and by the time this one was taken she had had enough and was starting to pull faces!!! As it turns out, this one is one of my favourites!




I went with a relatively simple design for the page with a white background and pops of colours with some splatters.  I purchased these AMAZING new super shimmery Colour Simmer cubes Watercolours from Colour Blast at the Scrapbook Expo and I so love them!! I've used Blush, Lipstick and Envy on this layout.  I combined these with some mists from my stash and love the result.


Next I went about making my photo mat and used a couple of layers of paper, keeping things pretty simple and clean so as not to compete with that background.  I then adding in a Bitty Bag at the top of my photo as I knew I wanted to extend some embellishments up that way and these are a great starting point for that.  As soon as I saw the lower case Puffy Alpha Stickers in store, I knew I had to get some, I SO SO love this font!!  It was also the perfect hint of green I needed for this page.  I have combined these alphas with a Kinder Kreations Chipboard chipboard piece for my title.


I've also used more vellum Butterflies, I found these in the Past Kit Bit section along with the pink puffy heart.  It is always worth a look in store at this section; you never know what you will find!  Now you all know my love affair with bows... this layout needed a little pop of black so the Gingham Bow was perfect.


I've also used a Little Birdie paper flower here in the most divine shade of pink.  There are a few varieties of these in store, so be sure to check those out.  You can also see here a little sneak of the Wood Beads which you will find in the clearance section, another MUST visit section when you are shopping!


and that's the layout done.  I hope you enjoyed all the close ups and I hope it inspires you to make something pretty!


D-lish products used:



thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment