Sunday, July 9, 2017

"Hello Handsome" by Gwen

Hi Creative Friends,

Gwen here today to share another layout, this one featuring my Ferris Frank the cat.  I rarely get a shot of him in the garden, so when I noticed he had a taken a moment to lie on the grass I snapped it up!!



This page started with a cut file the wonderful Katie Howard designed and shared on Facebook (thank you Katie xo) which featured all those stars running along the top edge of the page.  I combined these with some vellum stars I had from a previous Just Add Paper kit to create a page about the other handsome boy in my life!


To start, I knew I wanted the cut file star shapes to run across the top part of the page so I would need to balance out the design by adding my photo and layers across the bottom of the page.  I started with some layers of yellow and teal paper as my photo mat.  Once my photo position was locked in, I could add my title.  To do this I've used Corbett Creations wood words for the "Hello" sentiment and the puffy alphabet stickers for the "handsome".  I so so love these - Did you see they now come in lower case as well?


Next, I've used a large teal star from my stash and the vellum stars from a previous Just add Paper kit.   I've positioned these so that they flow towards the top of the page.  I also popped one inside of one of the larger cut file shapes, it was the perfect fit!  I just love the kits Amanda puts together, every month there is something new and different!! 


I've also used some wood stars which were also from a Just add Paper kit which I've also placed into the cut file shapes, scattered across the page.  To keep with the wood theme, I've used some wood beads which you will find in the Clearance section; worth a look anytime you are shopping in the store.  AND...it wouldn't be a Gwen page without a bow, this time I've used a grey one, you'll find some here.

I've combined these with some wood elements from Cocoa Vanilla Studios and a Charm Creations embellishment thrown in as well to round out my layout.  All that was left to do to finish the layout was add some Enamel dots always a perfect finishing touch.  

Products used:


thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout Gwen and a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete