Thursday, July 27, 2017

"Moment In Time" by Julianne McKenna

Welcome back to the D-Lish blog! It's Julianne here today, sharing another layout. My daughter loves to colour her hair, so this layout is simply titled "Moment In Time" because by tomorrow, it could be another colour. One day it's turquoise, the next day it's red! Or pink. Or silver. You get the picture. 

I decided to play with blue and white colouring for something a little different, and to match my daughter's hair. Fortunately, D-Lish has lots of gorgeous blue products in the store - from flowers, to journalling spots, to sequin bows


I have used a raw veneer frame to highlight my photo, which I have coloured with blue ink, and decorated with white pearls. If you look closely, you can see that I have highlighted both the heart, and the corner of the frame with pearls. I have also added the pearls to the Creative Cuts circles which frame both the top and bottom of the photo. 


Don't you just love these little sequin bows? And they come in so many colours! They are the perfect size, and look so cute on a layout. Yes, I am addicted to them. 

And don't you just love the result of the 5 x 5 rose stencil and glitter texture paste (thank-you BoBunny for such an amazing product). I've always loved stencils because they are so versatile - you can use them with texture paste, pan pastels, inks, paints, pencils, sprays, and the list goes on.


What do you do when you have a paper doily that has been accidentally cut in half? Why, you use one half at each end of the layout! It has helped to tie the layout together very nicely. Plus doilies are also a great opportunity to layer - I've added a journalling spot, carnations, and small roses


Have you seen the new Creative Cuts that are in store? They are so fun to use. You can leave them white, decorate them with pearls, rhinestones and Kindy Glitz, or ink/spray/paint them totally different colours. Come to think of it, you could also use them as a reverse stencil, and spray them to create a negative shape. But be quick - they are flying out of the store. 


For me, a layout is not complete without flowers. In this case, I have used rosebuds, carnations, small roses, elegance blooms, and cabbage roses. And for something a little extra, I have highlighted some of the flowers with Kindy Glitz, just for a little sparkle. 


Thank-you for stopping by and joining me today. I hope we see you back here soon. 

In the meantime, don't forget to Like D-Lish on Facebook so you can keep up-to-date with all the latest D-Lish news. And if you want to join the cyber crops, join in a challenge, or share a project, you can join us in The Scrap Suite on Facebook

Cheers and happy crafting, xxx

Jules


No comments:

Post a Comment