Thursday, July 13, 2017

These 2 - by Nicolee Cable


Nicolee here! Hope you're all doing well.

I'd like to showcase another really simple mixed media layout, 
with only a small amount of card stock and some D-lish embellishments as icing on the cake! 

Here are my two gorgeous nieces, having some fun together.  
They're great subjects for this girly, pink/copper colour scheme.


I did a lot of splattering with soft pink, pink and copper watercolour paints,
moving the paint around the page with scrunched up plastic and spraying 
just enough water until I was happy with the result. 

Then I stencilled some beautiful copper texture paste through a D-lish 5x5 dot-stencil.  
While this was drying, I scattered some glass glitter which stuck to the texture paste in places, 
just to give it that little bit of 'wow' factor and something
more to look at as your eyes wander across the page.


After my card stock dried, all that needed to finish it off
was some beautifully placed D-lish embellishments.  

Here you'll see I've used the:
Creative Cuts leaf, resin pearl dot (from a previous JAP kit),
 carnation flower, puffy alphabet letters, peg from the packaging, flair button, 
resin glitter dot, resin flower and washi tape. 
   



Another pretty simple layout, that packs a punch with the D-lish embellishments.

Take a look over at the store to pick up some embellishments that
will make your next layout just pop!

Thanks for looking
See you soon
Nicolee x


No comments:

Post a Comment