Saturday, August 12, 2017

"Be Happy" by Julianne McKenna

There is something magical and soothing about circles. When included on a layout, they always look fabulous, but you must remember to keep your layout balanced and focused for the best result (working in "odd" numbers is often a good way to do this). 


To make the most of the circle concept in this layout, I fussy cut circles from The Bright Side of Life paper range by ScrapCake. I then added even more circles with raw wood veneer shapes, paper doilies, and flair buttons, all from the D-Lish store


I'm in love with these gorgeous pink butterfly flair buttons. They are so pretty and feminine, and look good with everything. Not a fan of pink? Well luckily, there are lots of colours to choose from in the D-Lish store, right here


Why paint raw wood veneer when you can wrap it in coloured wire and add Liquid Pearls for a pop of colour! And don't forget to add some vellum butterflies for a finished touch to your layout - it's all about the details. 


And you can layer fussy cut circles over the raw wood veneer, place a paper doily underneath, add some roses and carnations, and make gorgeous medallion embellishments. 


Flowers are always a must. I just can't get enough of them. And how stunning do these pink cabbage roses look with a bright pop of yellow from the Wild Rose


Just look at all those layers and details! I don't know about you, but this makes me happy. 

Thanks for stopping by and joining me today. If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: JULES THE BLING PRINCESS.

And don't forget to LIKE US on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all the latest happenings at D-Lish! 

Have a great scrappy week!

Cheers and happy crafting, 

Julianne. xxx



1 comment:

  1. In love with this page Julianne! I always love tons of texture and elements and the ideas of layers of wire and flairs with doilies is the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete