Friday, August 4, 2017

"Soccer Star" by Anthea

Woo Hoo - today I am coming to you from a scrapbooking retreat. There are others from the D-lish team here with me, including the one and only boss lady Amanda........ did I say "Woo Hoo!?"
 
I can tell you I am so excited to be here with a creative, fun, and inspiring bunch of friends.  I am not sure how much scrapping I will get done over the weekend but I can tell you I have loads of D-lish goodies with me and I intend to go on a creating frenzy and create lots of fun LOs and projects to share here with you all.
 
I am loving the fun and funky style right now with bright bold colours mixed with black and whites.  I find it suits both the boy and girl LOs and I love that you can use bits and pieces of everything to make it work.

 
I started with a layer of paint just smooshed everywhere with a credit card.  I then added some texture paste hearts (using a D-lish stencil of course) and then just stamped stars here there and everywhere with a little bit of text stamp to add some extra dimension.  I used to avoid both my stamps and stencils because I never could get a 'perfect' print, now I absolutely don't even try. I literally just whack stuff roughly where I want it and embrace the happy mess that follows.  Honestly - I find the harder I try to get it right - the more wrong it is. 
 
I then went wild with stars.  I have chipboard nested stars and solid stars, I have sequin stars, and enamel puffy stars.  I actually sprayed all the chipboard stars the same colour but because they are different brands, the took on the colour differently and I love the different shades that I got.  I added regular sequins and some of the new faceted enamel dots (OMG these are gorgeous and selling out quickly and did I mention I wish I had have bought more!!!!)

 
 
I then added my photo with a gauze backing (all ripped and torn of course) and a D-lish flair from a past JAP kit and the enamel shoe from the same kit. I added a suede tassel, just because I could. I tucked in a few pieces of punchinella to add more texture.
 

 
 

Well that is it for now.  I am going to get back to my scrapbooking gals and laugh lots and scrap tons. I also really hope to do each and every challenge in The Scrap Suite this month too - don't forget there is always several challenges up for you to have fun with and to be in the running for some gorgeous prizes.
 
I hope wherever you are - you are having as much fun as me.  I look forward to seeing you soon with some of my latest creations. 
 
Till then.
Take care.
 
Anthea
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment