Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Bohemian Canvas by Rachel Dutko

Hi everyone!

Today I have a flower- filled project to share with you.




It's also my take on this month's inspiration board.



To create my piece I started by transferring an image
 onto a canvas board using gel medium.
To do this I printed my image out on copy paper in reverse, then applied an even layer of gel medium to the canvas board and applied the paper
picture side down.

I smoothed the paper out so there were no air bubbles, and to make sure all of the image was in contact with the board to get a good transfer.
(Having said that I chose to do it as an image transfer 
to create a rough, grungy, 'aged' picture).

I let it dry overnight, then used water and my fingers to rub away the paper, leaving the image on the board.


Then it was on to adding my flowers and embellishments.




I've used a variety of D-lish flowers in lots of bright colours -


I also added some coloured wire, pearl cabochons in hearts and stars shapes, and some gorgeous Kinder Kreations chipboard feathers
cascading from the floral cluster.




D-lish products used:


Thanks for looking

Rachel x x







No comments:

Post a Comment