Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Bellatrix"

Hi D-lish fans!
 
Remember the good old days when we all made lots of double layouts!?! Well, recently I decided to have a double day and challenge myself to create some double pages. It is always a great way to get lots of photos on a page to tell a story.
 
Today I share one of those doubles, of my dear beautiful daughter looking slightly creepy and crazy, as she dressed up as Bellatrix from Harry Potter.
 
I used lots of beautiful D-lish products, in my layers and in my clusters, and I am loving the interesting mix of mint, green and grey!
 
Here is both pages.
 
Here is a closer look at Page 1.
 
 
On page 1, I layered papers and cardstock and tulle behind the photo. I also tucked in some doilies, both a lace doily and a coloured paper doily and the always awesome Punchinella. Of course the green paper doily is cut in half so I can use it on the other side of the layout!
 
You will also see the feature of the Puffy Alphabet stickers for the title, which look pretty cool sideways on the black background. A few colours are out of stock but these cool Lime green ones are still available!
 
The cluster on the first page is all about the Elegance Bloom - that beautiful aqua flower!
I did pair it with a sequin bow, grey resin flower and green paper flower from this month's Fresh Cut JAP kit.
 
And here is Page 2. 

Again we have layers of paper and tulle and more Punchinella. I have used staples throughout the layout to hold all those tricky fabrics and textures down - way easier than glue!

Here I have layered some Journal-its - a mixture from kits and my stash, with cardfetti, on some paper and tulle. I stapled all this bundle together, with some stamens, and strands of hessian (from Summer Squeeze JAP kit!), before mounting on foam tape.

Another paper flower and resin flower and more stamens, hessian and muslin, in this cluster. And don't forget that perfect D-lish Halloween flair!

 

And finally, journaling tucked in the top, written on a Journal It, layered on top of the coloured doily with a bit more tulle, hessian, punchinella, stamens and muslin.
 
 
Wow... I love this page and maybe I will do more doubles now?
 
When was the last time you did a double?
 
Thanks for looking
Amanda
 
 
Links in store to the products I've used:


1 comment: