Saturday, March 4, 2017

"Laugh, Dream, Live" byAnthea

Hi all.....me again.  It feels like just yesterday I was here - I wonder if that has something to do with February being a short month?  I hope you are all well. 
 
This week I have a fun and bright LO to share with you.
 
As usual I started my LO by choosing a photo to scrap.  I absolutely adore this photo of my daughter with two of her besties, but found the colour restricting and not overly important (as the feature of the photo is the happiness in the girls faces), so I changed it to black and white.   
 
 
  I knew when I started this that I wanted to use a doily as a wrapper for my bunch of flowers.  I had seen similar ideas on wedding cards and wanted to give the idea a go on a LO, but with brighter flowers. I played a little with my flower arrangement before deciding where I was going to put it.  I wanted a bright, but not overwhelming background, so I grabbed a  pre prepared piece of cardstock I had on hand and mixed some gelatos and water on a piece of  gladwrap and literally just blobbed it on my paper. 
 
Once I had done this I decided I needed more splats (and mess) so I went a little crazy with some glimmer mists. 
 
I then arranged my flowers how I wanted them and added just a few small layers behind my photo.  The hessian was from the summer squeeze JAP kit and is no longer available, but the chevron paper bag certainly is!  You can also find a bunch of other fun bag designs and colours here.
 
The flowers are a huge mixture of paper and fabric flowers that you can get individually or in a JAP kit. (Don't you just adore the big blue one which is a fantasy bloom!?)  The doily is obviously a D-lish doily - I wonder if I will ever get sick of them?  The yellow twine is part of the packaging from a JAP kit and just goes to show - don't throw anything away. 
 
 
I then added a very simple cluster to the right of the photo to balance it out. The resin camera is from another JAP kit  and the cute little crotchet heart is from the clearance section.  You can get lots of cute resin items here. 
 
 
Once I had put that together, I realised you really couldn't see the design of the arrows in the texture paste - so I went around some of them with my water pencils to highlight them, but not make them stand out too much. 
  
 
I then added some simple words to the LO that are words that I would like the girls to live by. 
 
Hope you enjoy my LO.  Don't forget to check out the shop for lots of cute little bits and pieces and be sure to check out the clearance section for some cute little finds. Also - don't forget to check out the scrap suite for lots of inspiration from like minded, scrappy friends. 
 
 
Have a great day...
Anthea
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment